Americans across the country are already voting — by absentee and mail-in ballots. But there’s still time to encourage your friends, family, co-workers, and others to support public transportation when they vote.
Voices for Public Transit’s Election Toolkit includes a window sign and social media graphics to help show your support for public transportation.
The toolkit also includes a “Vote for Public Transit” flyer that highlights some great facts and messages that make the case for public transportation, including:
- Everyone benefits from public transportation — even people who don’t ride.
- Public transportation is a far safer way to commute than traveling by private car.
- Public transit reduces pollution and eases traffic congestion.
Share Online and Offline
Our “Vote for Public Transit” flyer can be easily downloaded and emailed to others. You can also share it on social media. But we especially encourage you to print copies of the flyer and hand out as many as possible. Here are some ideas:
- Place copies on the tables or counter of your workplace’s kitchen, break room, or cafeteria.
- Leave a small stack in a public area of your apartment building; e.g., on a foyer table.
- Pin a copy on a library or church basement bulletin board.
- Hand out copies to your neighbors or leave them at their doors — just remember not to place them in a mailbox.
Do you have ideas for sharing our flyer? Let us know by tweeting @APTA_Transit or posting on the Public Transportation Facebook page.
And remember to vote yourself! We look forward to reporting back how public transportation fares in this year’s election. Fingers crossed.